Monday, April 6, 2009

Linux

While many things out there may cost you a lot of money and in the end you STILL have to buy more software for it, Linux distrobutions are different. Some like Fedoraand Elive are a few that come with free Office software and many other applications.
However, I'm only describing it lightly.
There's soo much to talk about in soo little timethough.
(My left side of my spacebar is broken if you see bad spacing)
I have installed many Linux distros on my old Gateway 7405gx "CrapTop" but Linux Mint and Elive are the two est ones I've seen so far. By the way, for any of you who know nothing at all about Linux (Or Linus Torvalds, the creator) I must inform you that a Linux DISTRO(distrobution) is a full operating system. Since Linux is Open Source though, many distros with varying GUIs exist out there even though Ionly know a few of them.
Here, I'll list the very few I know of. Ubuntu, Kubuntu, nUbuntu, Xubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat, Elive, CentOS, Gentoo, Knoppix, Parsix, Linux Mint, Slackware, Damn Small Linux, Debian and PC_LINUX_OS.
blog comments powered by Disqus